Late summer is a time for peaches, and this easy dessert won’t disappoint. There’s a reason grandmas have been making for generations. It comes together in minutes and, while it’s good enough for company, you’re going to want to keep it all to yourself.
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. milk
- 4 c. sliced peaches (about 4-5 peaches)
- 1 T. lemon juice
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt the butter in a 9 x 13 pan in the oven while it preheats then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring peaches, 1 cup sugar, and lemon juice to a boil. When sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk until just combined.
- Pour batter over melted butter. DO NOT STIR
- Pour peach mixture over the batter. DO NOT STIR
- Grate a bit of nutmeg over the top.
- Bake for for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.