These are the best BBQ baby back ribs you’ll ever eat! I couldn’t be more excited that the unofficial start of the summer season is just a couple of weeks away, with means these ribs are definitely in my future. This Memorial Day weekend, I’ll be firing up the grill and knocking back a few of these babies. I guarantee a happy crowd.
This recipe serves 6 (or 4 if they eat ribs like I do :-))
- 2 Racks of baby back ribs
- 2 Bottles of Guinness (You can use whatever dark beer you love)
- 6 oz. Whole grain mustard
- Sea salt and Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan
- Mix the beer, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl and coat ribs with the mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and discard the beer.
Once the ribs are room temperature, coat the top of the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce. You can prepare this portion of recipe ahead and keep them uncovered in the fridge until your guests arrive. You should leave yourself plenty of time to relax and drink a beer before you man the grill 😉
- Fire up the grill!
- Cut the racks into portions of 4 ribs.
- Grill on both sides until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite summer salad and enjoy!
Those of you who follow me on social media, know how I love Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. Here’s my BBQ sauce inspired by my morning love of coffee.
Paul’s Dunkin’ Donuts BBQ Sauce
Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 cup freshly brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend coffee (extra strength)
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 T Dark molasses
- 3 T Chili powder (or two fresh chilis, seeded, peeled and charred)
- 2 tsp. Salt
Combine all ingredients in a large, heave saucepan. Simmer over low heart for 20 minutes until it thickens slightly. You can make the sauce ahead. It will keep in the fridge for several days.