These love twists are the easiest dessert and so delicious your wife and kids will love you forever. All you need is a few ingredients and a little bit of patience to wait the 30 minutes for them to be ready.
- 1 Box frozen puff pastry
- Flour for dusting your work surface
- 1 Cup Nutella
- 1 Egg for an egg wash
- Sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Unfold a sheet of pastry and roll out on a floured surface to seal any cracks or folds in the pastry.
- Spread half of the Nutella on the sheet. Less is more in this case. The first time I made them I used too much spread.
- Beginning at the longest end, roll into a tight roll.
- Cut the roll lengthwise and then twist together to form a ‘braid.’
- Repeat the process with the second sheet of pastry.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Brush the twists with the egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and enjoy!