Going to the farmer’s market in August is always inspiring. The tomatoes, the squash, the watermelon, and oh, the corn. I swear the corn calls my name and then practically leaps off the table and into my hands. We just can’t get enough in the Zweben household.
- 6 ears of shucked corn, kernels removed
- 1 pint cherry or pear tomatoes
- 1/4 bunch Thai basil
- sea salt to taste
- cracked black pepper
- a pinch of crushed red peppers
- 4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- Shuck corn and cut kernels from the cob.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add corn and saute for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add basil, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper and saute until the basil is wilted.
This easy summer salad can be served warm or cold and I promise you, it will compliment almost any dish you’re cooking on the grill. You’ll have this recipe ready in a snap! Serves 4.