I love asparagus and I love pie, so why not put those two together? This delicious tart will come together in a flash. You’ll be glad you tried it.
- Pastry for one pie shell
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1/3 c. crumbled feta
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. half & half
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare your pastry. You can use store bought if that’s what works for you. Place pastry in a tart pan (any shape will do) and blind bake to a golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss the asparagus in the olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for about 10 minutes, until done.
- Turn the oven down to 375F.
- While the asparagus is cooling, prepare your filling.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half & half, eggs, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Arrange the aspargus spears on your pastry shell and sprinkle with feta.
- Pour the filling over the asparagus and feta and bake for 45-55 minutes, until the custard is set and doesn’t jiggle anymore.
While the tart cools a bit, make a tossed salad of baby greens an crack open a bottle of white.